WSPS Safety Group
New for 2013! WSIB extends the Safety Group Program (including SGAP) into 2013
On July 5, 2012 the WSIB announced an important update on prevention system activities as they pertain to the Safety Groups Program. The WSIB Board of Directors has directed that:
- Safety Group firms currently at or exceeding five years of participation will be extended for one year
- Employers will be considered for 2013 entry into the Safety Groups Program in 2013, based on current entry criteria
WSPS Safety Group Program
The WSPS Safety Group Program brings together like-minded, safety-conscious firms to build health and safety across their businesses, reducing workplace illness and injury, and lowering their premiums.
Safety Groups are a performance-based rebate program developed by the Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). The program offers firms participating in Safety Groups the opportunity to receive rebates of up to 6% on their WSIB premiums if they can collectively improve their health and safety performance.
Participation in safety groups can:
For more information, visit the Health and Safety Ontario website or call: 905-614-1400 or Toll Free: 1-877-494-WSPS (9777)
- Help your company build a sustainable health and safety program
- Reduce risk of workplace injury
- Earn a potential premium rebate of up to 6% of your annual WSIB premiums (based on safety group achievement and improved performance)
- Allow you to achieve success through networking, pooling resources and sharing best practices
- Leverage WSPS's health & safety expertise through ongoing coaching, programs and consultant visits