Ontario since 1917, IAPA has grown from an organization with
literally a handful of staff (a manager, two stenographers,
and four field representatives) and several dozen volunteers
to more than 210 employees and several hundred volunteers.
Accordingly, IAPA’s offices have expanded from one location
to six: Head Office and the Health & Safety Materials
Centre in Mississauga, as well as regional offices located
in London, Ottawa, Sudbury, and Thunder Bay.
A not-for-profit, member driven organization, it’s
not just IAPA’s employment and volunteer numbers that
have significantly grown over the years. Early records of
IAPA’s operations state that in 1930, IAPA’s membership
included 8,000 firms, which in turn represented 200,000 people.
Ninety years later, IAPA represents more than 50,000 member
firms and in excess of 1.5 million Ontario workers.
From 1917 to present day, IAPA continues to be one of Canada’s
leading workplace health and safety organizations, focused
on providing industry-leading training, consulting, educational
products, and informational services that meet members’
needs and the needs of those in their communities.
IAPA continues to build on the foundation established in
1917, sustained over the years by successive generations of
staff, volunteers, and members who are as passionate about
preventing workplace injuries and illness today as the founders
of IAPA were then.