Chapter members have the opportunity through Networking
and Knowledge Exchange (NKE) to participate in peer-centred,
professional development sessions focussed on topics of interest
in health and safety.
Scope of Programming
Networking and Knowledge Exchange is intended to:
- Enhance health and safety knowledge;
- Allow sharing of best practices; and
- Promote excellence in health and safety practices among
member and non-member firms.
Topics are planned annually in line with IAPA strategic
direction and complement existing IAPA information, products
and services. Chapters are encouraged to use environmental
scans and other member surveys to identify local areas of
interest and to use members as facilitators. The focus of
Networking and Knowledge
Exchange is intended to be on learning through facilitated
discussion or other group work.
Become involved with your Chapter by:
- Helping conduct an environmental scan or email survey
of Chapter members
- Coordinating a Networking and Knowledge Exchange
- Facilitating and Hosting and/or Presenting at a Networking
and Knowledge Exchange
- Sourcing speakers
- Recruiting attendees (guests)
- Recruiting Chapter volunteers
- Serving in a Chapter leadership role as a Chair/Vice Chair
To become involved with a Chapter, contact
your Coordinator, Volunteer and Community Services (CVCS)
or Industry Sector Specialist (ISS) .