Located at the Centre for Health & Safety Innovation (CHSI) in Mississauga, the Information Centre is one of the largest occupational health and safety (OHS) libraries in Canada. The Information Centre is a knowledge resource to help you stay current with advances in the occupational health and safety field.
Throughout the Information Centre you will find:
- Thousands of print resources – OHS and general business.
- Access to online journals and databases.
- CHSI health and safety association product showcases.
- Workstations, computers, photocopiers and scanners.
Services offered at the Information Centre include:
- Research Assistance
- Acquire individually prepared research and information packages on OHS topics, as well as general business and management trends.
- Research Skills Training
- The amount of web-based occupational health and safety information has never been greater. Accessing and evaluating this information has never been more challenging. The Information Centre can provide you with guidance that will turn you into a self-sufficient OHS researcher. Explore the Ontario prevention system websites, legal resources and OHS research available on the web.
- Access to the Information Centre Collection [link to below]: publications, journals and magazines
- The Information Centre currently receives approximately 200 OHS journals and business and general interest magazines, and also contains OHS and general business publications and a large reference section. Search the Information Centre Online Catalogue to browse our collection of information resources. Contact us for more information about how to access information resources in the collection.
- Shift work, working alone, violence, ergonomics, aspirin and other over-the-counter
medication programs in the workplace;
- Telecommuting, stress and a myriad of other occupational health and safety (OH&S)
issues affecting employers and employees.
Start Using the Information Centre Today!
For more information on the Information Centre or any of the services it provides, email the Information Centre at email@example.com. Our trained information professionals are available to help point you in the right direction whether you are accessing print materials or researching online. Appointments are encouraged if you intend on bringing a large group or require on-the-spot research services.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Information Centre Collection
The Information Centre’s diverse collection of journals, monographs and online resources published by leading organizations covers all aspects of occupational health and safety, from safety engineering to human factors. You can search online for books and journal article citations using the Information Centre’s Online Catalogue
The Information Centre collection is divided into the following areas:
Reference Section: contains OHS dictionaries, government and organization directories, chemical manuals and key OHS texts
Government documents: includes the Federal and Ontario OHS legislation, related legislation, and legislative guides.
Standards: includes a comprehensive collection of CSA and ANSI OHS standards as well as selected standards from other organizations such as ISO, BSI, AIHA, ACGIH and ASME.
Journals: includes OHS magazines and academic journals, as well as current affairs and personal health magazines, in both print and digital formats.
OHS texts: over 8,000 OHS books and annual reports from leading OHS organizations and publishers.
Business and management texts: contains books and reports on management techniques, organizational improvement, marketing and other issues related to WSPS strategic initiatives.
How to contact the Information Centre for an information package or to make an appointment to conduct your
own research in our library:
- Call toll free in Ontario at 1 877 494 WSPS (9777)
(in the Mississauga area call 905 614 1400 ext 2387)
- Fax your request to 905 614 1414, Attention "Information
Centre". (Please include your telephone number so that we can respond to you promptly).
- E-mail the Information Centre at
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your phone number so that we can respond
to you promptly).
- Use the contact form below.