The Health and Safety Committees e-learning course developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) provides a practical introduction to Health and Safety Committees. It offers guidance on how to establish a new committee, how a committee can perform its functions and how it can be effective. It introduces the course participant to the roles and responsibilities of a committee and its members. The many sample checklists, policies and other useful documents can be customized for any specific work environment. The Health and Safety Committees e-course is a flexible, easy and cost-effective way to get the committee off to a great start.
- What is a committee?
- Establishing a committee
- An effective committee
- Resolving issues
- Workplace inspections - great checklists
- Committee’s role in resolving work refusals
- Sample policies, inspection checklists, accident report form and many others
- Quizzes to test participants’ knowledge
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Fulfill your duties as a Committee member
- Respond to workplace concerns
- Investigate accidents
- Assist in resolving workplace issues
- Identify and take steps to control work hazards
- Know where to find the best possible sources of health and safety information
- Health and Safety Committee Members
- Human resources and managers with responsibilities for health and safety, training and compliance
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company. See the tabs above for additional information.
Also available in French, see the complementary items tab above.