This 3-part course will educate you on confined spaces, the identification and control of hazards that can be encountered, and key steps to working safely.
Part 1: Hazard Awareness covers how to recognize confined spaces and the types of hazards that may be present
Part 2: Hazard Control covers how to control the hazards
Part 3: Working Safely covers proper ways to enter and work in a space as well as emergency planning
Although the course covers the basics of most legal requirements, there may be some variation between jurisdictions. Links are provided, wherever possible, to documents that cover legal requirements for some jurisdictions. "Confined Spaces: The Basics" is equivalent to the general theory and information provided by a classroom course, however it does not provide the “hands on”, workplace-specific training that allows workers to confidently put the theory learned into actual practice in the workplace. Employers must ensure that this additional workplace-specific training is provided for confined space workers. Case studies and other examples are included to illustrate the concepts as well practical tools such as sample forms and checklists. Quizzes after each part and an exam help to measure and encourage learning.
- Responsibilities of Employers, Supervisors, Workers and Contractors
- Recognizing a Confined Space Hazard Awareness in Confined Spaces
- Confined Space Permit Systems
- Preparing for Confined Space Entry and Work
- Working Safely in Confined Spaces
- Emergency Planning for Confined Spaces
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Know your duties and responsibilities in performing confined space work
- Recognize the characteristics that define a permit-required confined space
- Understand the types of confined space hazards and why they are potentially harmful
- Know the types of control measures used to ensure a space is safe before and during entry
- Be able to conduct a proper pre-entry assessment and preparation of the confined space Understand the necessary procedures for working inside a confined space
- Know what to do in the event of a problem or emergency situation
- Workers (including outside contractors) who enter and perform work in confined spaces in the workplace
- Managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members
- Individuals with control or authority over confined spaces and/or work being performed in confined spaces would also benefit from the e-course "Confined Space Management".
This second course outlines your legal duties and responsibilities and provides additional focus on details such as establishing and managing a confined space program.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company. See the tabs above for additional information.
Also available in Enlgish, see the complementary items tab above.